Google says there are more than two billion active Android users in the world today. With so many people using smartphones and tablets that run on this platform, it’s not a surprise that a big percentage of poker operators have decided to make Android-friendly poker sites.
Of course, simply being available on Android is not enough. In order to be good enough for you, an Android poker room needs to fulfil a number of requirements, including the following:
- Smooth & reliable poker software
- A wide offer of different poker variants, tables, and tournaments
- Fast processing on a variety of deposit/withdrawal methods
- Attractive bonuses & promotions
- Responsive support service
- And more!
The question is how are you supposed to find Android poker websites that fit the profile? Easy, if you let us be your guide! Check out the list below for our top-rated Android-friendly poker websites!
Why Android Poker Sites Are So Fantastic
When it comes to playing poker online, you have two options – playing it on your computer or playing it on a mobile device. If the latter is your pick and your mobile device (smartphone or tablet) runs on the Android operating system, here are some reasons why you’ve made the right choice:
Mobility – Play Anywhere and Anytime
You can play it whenever and wherever you want. All you need is a stable internet connection. Whether it’s Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, or even 5G, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that there are no major interruptions.
Easy to Play
Software developers understand that while mobile screen technology have come a long way, they are still far smaller than a desktop computer screen, which is why the best developers have fully optimized their android poker offerings so that it displays perfectly even on smaller screens. In fact, due to the simpler nature of android poker, you might even find it easier to play than the full-blown desktop version if you’re new to the game.
One of the main downsides to playing poker on small smartphone screens is that multi-play (playing on multiple tables at once) is rather tricky and is a feature rarely offered. As a result, you might find your poker adventure to be a little slower than what you’re used to.
… The good news is that there is a way to make it more exciting!
There are some Android poker apps that feature a version of Texas hold’em called Speedy poker. How it works is that you have a ‘fast fold’ option which will move you to a different table as soon as you fold your cards. Instead of waiting for other players to finish a hand, you just move from table to table, playing non-stop.
It’s just as face-paced as multi-tabling and it’s certainly a lot more refreshing!
Exclusive Android Poker Sites Bonuses
One benefit of playing poker on Android-friendly platforms that deserves a special mention is the fact that you can get some really lucrative bonuses this way.
It’s true that, in most cases, you’re going get a bonus when you register an account at a poker site, no matter which kind of device you’re planning to use for this purpose. Still, there are some poker sites that wish to promote their new mobile apps and a way to get the players interested is by giving away exclusive Android poker bonuses.
You can benefit from 2 sets of bonuses from the desktop version and the android version!
Because these bonuses are used as incentives to make the players interested in the mobile app, they’re usually even more attractive than regular bonuses. And most importantly, they usually come with less (or sometimes none) play-through requirements.
In some cases, the bonus comes in the form of free funds you can use for playing online poker as soon as you sign up. Still, most of the time, the players are required to make a deposit in order to receive the bonus, which they then need to use in the mobile casino.
How to Play Online Poker on Android
- Step 1 – Decide on where you’re gonna play mobile poker. There are literally thousands of online poker rooms that allow Android users to take part. Once you pick the one that’s best for you, it’s time to go to its website through a browser on your smartphone or tablet.
- Step 2 – When accessing a poker room through your Android, you will be redirected straight to the site’s mobile version. This means that you will have no problems navigating the website, no matter how small the screen of your device might be. Most sites allow in-browser play, but if you wish to ensure the best-possible experience, our advice is to look for a downloadable app. Most all of the top-rated poker rooms have one.
- Step 3 – After downloading the app, it’s time to set up an account. Actually, in some cases, you will have to do this first before being able to do the download. Only after creating an account, you will be able to login via the mobile app.
- Step 4 – Before starting to play poker on your smartphone/tablet, it’s time to fund your account and claim yourself a welcome bonus. To do that, click on the Cashier (or something along these lines), choose your preferred deposit method, enter the amount you wish to upload, and confirm the payment. Voila, you’re done!
- Step 5 – With a funded account, you can play Android poker against other real-money players whenever you feel like it. Just pick a room according to your preferred stake and you’re good to go. Of course, if you would like to practice first, most poker rooms will let you do it at the free tables.
Most-Popular Android Poker Games
Poker is actually an umbrella term for a variety of different card games based not only on luck, but skills and strategy as well. There are literally dozens of different variants of poker, some focusing more on the luck part of the game, some putting an emphasis on the players’ skills. It’s up to you to decide which one is the best.
Of course, it’s not just about your own preference, but the preferences of other players as well. If your number one favorite variant isn’t too popular, you might find it difficult to find opponents to play with. That said, there are some poker variants that are played by literally millions of players on their Android devices at any given moment. By far the most popular of those is Texas Hold’em.
Texas Hold’em Android Poker
When people say poker, they usually mean Texas hold’em. It’s the one played in main events at big-money tournaments like the WSOP, where the prize pool is measured in millions of dollars. Likewise, Texas hold’em is also a high-rollers’ game when it comes to its mobile version.
Of course, considering how popular this variant is, you can find poker tables with stakes ranging from only a few cents to several thousand dollars.
Other Poker Variants You Can Play on Your Android
Although Texas hold’em is ruling the world of Android poker, this doesn’t mean that you can’t find some other variants of poker. Many poker websites have several different variants in their offer, including five-card stud, seven-card stud, Omaha hold’em, and so on.